What is Gnomeradio?
Gnomeradio is a FM-radio tuner for the GNOME desktop (version 1 and 2).
It should work with every FM tuner card that is supported by video4linux.
Remote controls are supported via (optional) LIRC-support.
Gnomeradio can also record radio using GStreamer.
What does it look like?
This screenshot shows the main window of gnomeradio.
The preferences dialog.
The recording status window.
Gnomradio tray icon with it's context menu.
The manual is available via the GNOME Help Browser or by pressing F1 in the app.
Following is a table with available keyboard shortcuts.
|Open the help||F1|
|Mute/unmute the volume||m|
|Select next preset||n|
|Select previous preset||p|
I noticed Gnomeradio is evolving very slow in the last years. Is there something I can help out with?
Yes! My time is limited and gnomeradio receives much to less love :-(
If you are interessted in contributing, there is always something to do.
The easiest thing to start with is usually translating or updating the documentation.
If you are more into coding, you can have a look at bugzilla at the open bugs or
come up with something own. I happily accept all patches that have a minimum
level of quality and don't conflict overly with the current design.
How do I get it?
Tarballs are available from the gnomeradio launchpad site
Gnomeradio has also been packaged already for most distributions.
Gnomeradio 1.8 requires GNOME (>=2.14), GTK (>=2.8) and GStreamer (>=0.10).
For remote control support, you need a working LIRC setup.
Furthermore you can try out the cutting edge development version.
The module is gnomeradio in GNOME git.
Thanks a lot to Daniel Garcia, Francesco Namuri and James Henstridge for their contributions to this release!
- There is now a v4l1 and v4l2 backend (select backend using /apps/gnomeradio/driver in gconf if autodetection does not work for you). Based on James patches.
- Use GtkStatusIcon instead of libegg tray icon (Daniel)
- Fix crash when editing presets (Francesco)
- GStreamer recording, including a much nicer recording status window
- The trayicon now has a context-menu
- Use the volume-widget known from totem and other GNOME apps (bacon-volume)
- Gnomeradio now scans for stations on first run (or if started with --scan) and adds detected ones to presets (if desired)
- New Tango'y icon sponsored by Josef Vybira (Yay - love it :-))
- Check the Changelog for a complete list
- Fix #167963, #167962
- Tried to make the whole app more HIG-conforming
- More UI improvements, especially in the settings dialog
- Integrated the record dialog in the settings dialog
- Many more minor improvements
Bugs & Feature Requests
Please enter any bugs and feature requests in the Gnomeradio component
of GNOME Bugzilla.
Sending them directly to me is possible, too, but I might overlook your mail. So if you
don't want your bug to get lost enter it in Bugzilla.